The Stone Soup Challenge is a grassroots movement founded by artist Laura Bray. The goal of the challenge is for artists and crafters to help one another by promising to use a portion of their monthly profits to invest in a fellow artist's shop. To join us in helping artists everywhere and to read more about the challenge, please go to our Facebook page.

Remember! If we all contribute a little to the pot of Stone Soup, we will all feast.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

This is the attitude I love!


When I was reading over the latest comments this week, I have to say that the comment I've copied below really struck me. It honestly outlines the attitude we all should have right now as we try to shore one another up during these difficult economic times. Here's what Carissa commented:

I'm in. I don't feel comfortable declaring an exact percentage, but I will commit to:

*Not stop spending money out of fear of what is going on in the economy

*As much as I am able, I will shop etsy first to find items that meet my needs. Even if that means spending a little bit more or foregoing free shipping I might enjoy through a bigger store or venue.

* Reward artists who create quality items and provide great customer service by shopping in their stores, even if it means I’m going to be spending more money than I would otherwise.

* Feature my etsy favorites list on my blog to help share the etsy love

* Blog about etsy sellers and products that I like to help other people find out about them, too.


I'm The Cupcake Factory and my shop lives at: http://carissamarie.etsy.com

My blog is: http://creativecarissa.blogspot.com


P.S. The photo is from Carissa's shop. The items shown are beautiful stitch markers! You can purchase them here.

7 comments:

  1. Ah shucks. Thanks for mentioning me.

    I love that you've given etsy sellers an opportunity to collectively decide to "not participate" in the recession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - I am so, so sorry - I did not realize that this challenge was only for Etsy sellers! I do have an Etsy account - for buying, not for selling. I have been contemplating putting some of my work on Etsy - so I guess I should stop thinking about it and just do it! Thanks! (If you want to remove my web site from your list, I will not be offended! Just feeling rather stupid now....) : (

    Mary
    www.thephotoseen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi All! The Stone Soup Challenge isn't just for Etsy sellers. Carissa's comments were probably about Etsy because that's what she knows. We welcome any artist or crafter who is trying to make a living doing what they love and wants to support others in their dreams. No matter where their dreams are step-up for business! Just wanted to clarify!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura - thank you for your comment - I feel much better, now! Silly, but better. : )

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohooo I am excited to see more sellers! I love checking out everyone's store and right now I am off to do my buying for February!

    ReplyDelete