The Stone Soup Challenge is a grassroots movement founded by artist Laura Bray. The goal of the challenge is for artists and crafters to help one another by promising to use a portion of their monthly profits to invest in a fellow artist's shop. To join us in helping artists everywhere and to read more about the challenge, please go to our Facebook page.

Remember! If we all contribute a little to the pot of Stone Soup, we will all feast.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Did you buy anything yet?

This is what I bought. I made sure I told the seller why I was buying too (besides loving the item!) Here's what I wrote in a convo about the order, but you could put this in the comments too!

I just wanted to let you know this purchase was made in honor of The Stone Soup Challenge. For more information about artists & crafters supporting one another, visit this blog: http://www.stonesoupchallenge.blogspot.com/

Please try to remember to let artists & crafters know about this project! It's not going to work if we don't work together. I know of only a couple of people who posted about the project on their blogs. I've decided to reward people who mention this project and get the word out. I'll be featuring the "active" members' shops on this blog. Right now, the decision process will be up to me, but we'll get more scientific about later. Come back and see who is getting featured next week!

I know that one person has already made a sale because of this challenge (besides my purchase). Anyone else have any luck?

5 comments:

  1. My8kidsmom ordered a custom hand-carved stamp from me: http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=13630576 and I just purchased these cute little bee earrings from christinececelia: http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=13710373

    The Challenge is working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I made a new button and published it on my main LolliShops blogs--great idea Laura!
    ~Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've bought some great roving from Hullion Artworks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and I bought earrings from christinececelia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just requested a special order for 10 of these beads: http://tiny.cc/ZTmoa and mentioned in the comments that this was for the challenge, with a link to the blog entry. Feels good to do this!

    ReplyDelete